5/22/12

NATO Summit...and Kobe!

Chicago hosted the NATO Summit this past weekend (Sun-Mon) and as Kobe and I went on a walk down Michigan Ave, we ran right into hundreds of people in Grant Park rallying and getting ready to go on a march towards McCormick Place.

I thought there would be more people coming down from everything I heard on the news, and my office building even closed for the day on Monday, but I really didn't see too many people.

There were cops EVERYWHERE we went, which was a good thing because it's better to have too much security, than not enough.

I took a picture of the protesters in Grant Park and a picture of Kobe (who was ready to fall over from the heat!) It was an interesting weekend seeing and hearing what everyone was protesting about. Something different, that's for sure!



6 comments:

  1. Hi Eva & Kobe,

    Living in Chicago sounds fun!

    I'm Oskar from Pet Blogs United & I see you found our blog. If you're interested we get get you set up to be featured in a New Blogger Alert post. If you're interested you can e-mail us at PBU at comcast dot net.

    Nubbin wiggles,
    Oskar

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Oskar,

    That would be wonderful! I'll send an email through shortly.

    Thanks so much!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the comment & stoppying by!

    I am now following you - you have a great fashion blog!! Awesome pictures!

    follow me @ Kobeandthecity.blogspot.com.

    Thanks!
    Eva & Kobe

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Kobe, this is the first time I have sniffed around your blog and wanted to say hello!! Even though many people did not show up, the important thing is your mom had the day off of work and you got to take a walk!!

    ~Higgins

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well hello! Thanks so much for stopping by and don't forget to follow us so you can keep up to date with all of our outings in Chicago :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Not your average walk!! I bet Kobe loved all the different sights and smells

    ReplyDelete